Watermelon and Crab Napoleons
from the kitchen of: Bradford Jones Napoleons don’t have to come from the bakery! These unique summery entries or sides consist of layers of creamy homemade dill crab salad and refreshing watermelon rounds.
Author: Bradford Jones
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 cups cooked and flaked crab meat
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons fresh snipped basil
- 12 seedless or seeded watermelons rounds*
- 4 sprigs fresh dill for garnish
- To prepare watermelon rounds, slice watermelon into ½-inch-thick circles. Use a 3- or 4-inch cookie cutter to make watermelon rounds that are ½ inch thick and 3 to 4 inches in diameter.
- Mix together crab, mayonnaise, and dill. Chill mixture until ready to build and serve Napoleons.
- To serve, place a round of watermelon on a serving plate and top with a thin layer of crab salad. Continue to build the Napoleon by adding another watermelon round and a second layer of crab salad. Top with a final watermelon round and garnish with a dill sprig. Repeat process to create 3 more Napoleons. Serve immediately.
Spread the love