Vegetable and Bacon Quiche
Recipe Type: Side Dish
from the kitchen of: Lori Hart; snowluvnferret.blogspot.com This versatile recipe works well with any vegetables on hand. Packed with protein, it cuts calories and fat by using a rice crust instead of traditional piecrust.
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1/2 c grated cheese of choice
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- 1 Roma tomato chopped
- 5 slice bacon precooked and chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper or seasoning of choice
- asparagus spears for garnish
- RICE CRUST
- 1 1/2 c cooked rice (white or brown)
- 1/4 c grated cheese of choice
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- Place zucchini on warm crust; add bacon and tomatoes. Mix egg, cheese, and seasoning and pour over vegetables and bacon. If desired, top with asparagus spears. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 350°F.
- RICE CRUST Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix all ingredients together and press into an oiled 8-inch pie plate. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Spread the love