Up and At ‘Em Energy Balls
Recipe Type: Side Dish
Cuisine: American[img src=”https://www.letsstartcooking.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Up-and-At-Em-Energy-Balls.jpg” width=”1000″ height=”667″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Up and At ‘Em Energy Balls”]
By Health Guru, Katherine A smart thing to include in your habit of regular exercise is a healthy take-along snack for your workout breaks. These easy-to-make balls are perfect for providing an added boost of energy.
- 1 cup oats ground
- 1 3/4 cups almond meal (almonds that have been ground in a blender)
- 1/4 cup whey protein
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons raw honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato
- finely chopped almonds (or other nuts of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, almond meal, whey protein, and baking powder. Mix well. In a medium saucepan, melt coconut oil and honey. Stir in sweet potato. Blend liquid and dry mixtures; dough will be sticky.
- Roll into balls, and coat well with finely chopped nuts. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool 15 minutes and then place in refrigerator until cooled and solid.
Spread the love