Ultra Loaded Potatoes
By Paul Fulton From the repertoire of professional cook and sous-chef Paul Fulton comes a revved-up approach to a classic theme – loaded potatoes. It’s not often you’ll find a mashed potato that wouldn’t sit better under gravy, but this is it.
Author: Paul Fulton
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 5 pounds potatoes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- ¼ cup butter softened and divided
- ½ teaspoon onion salt
- 1 cup finely sliced green onion
- ¾ cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- dried chopped parsley for garnish
- Peel, cube, and cook potatoes in salted water. While potatoes are cooking, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, 3 tablespoons butter, and onion salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. In another bowl, mix together onions, bacon, and cheese. Once potatoes are cooked and drained, mash with an electric mixer. Beat in cream cheese mixture and fold in the onion, bacon, and cheese mixture. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with 1 tablespoon of butter and sprinkles of dried parsley.
- TIP: For extra fiber, minerals, color, and taste, consider cooking the potatoes with the skins on and mashing them into the rest of the ingredients.
Spread the love