TURKEY ENCHILADA CASSEROLE Recipe
BY: LAUREN KING FROM ART AND THE KITCHEN
Turkey is not a common meat in recipes for Mexican food. This does not mean, however, that they don't go well together, as proved by Turkey Enchilada Casserole. This is a great recipe if you have leftover turkey lying around. It's a cinch to throw together and is packed with flavor. Top it all off with
a layer of cheese and enjoy your mouthwatering Mexican meal!
2 cups cooked turkey meat
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup red, orange, and/or yellow peppers
1 can diced tomatoes
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups tortilla chips
2 large tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix together turkey, chicken soup, 1 cup cheese, red onion, peppers, tomatoes, taco seasoning, milk, and sour cream.
3. Grease the bottom of a 9 x 9 inch baking dish and place 1 large tortilla on the bottom.
4. Layer with 1/2 of turkey mixture. Add 1 cup tortilla chips. Repeat layer. Top with the rest of the shredded cheese.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.