Tomato and Bacon Breakfast Sandwiches Recipe
Recipe Type: Sandwich
There are some vegetables that are just fine all year round (hello, large potatoes, onions, lettuce, leeks) and some that get better during their season (extra-sweet corn and peas, asparagus packed with flavor). Then there are tomatoes. Nowhere else will you find such a gap between the standard supermarket variety and its fresh-from-the-farm, picked-when-actually-ripe counterpart. Combine them with bacon and mayonnaise on a toasted English muffin for the finest summer breakfast you could ask for.
- 3 slice bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 1 English muffin, split and toasted
- 1 tbs homemade or store-bought mayonnaise
- 2 thick slices very ripe tomatoes
- kosher salt
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-low heat, turning occasionally, until completely crisp, about 5 minutes total. Drain on a paper towel–lined plate.
- Spread both English muffin halves with mayonnaise. Lay tomato slices on the bottom half, season with salt, and top with bacon. Close sandwich and serve.
Spread the love