Tomato and Bacon Breakfast Sandwiches Recipe
There are some vegetables that are just fine all year round (hello, large potatoes, onions, lettuce, leeks) and some that get better during their season (extra-sweet corn and peas, asparagus packed with flavor). Then there are tomatoes. Nowhere else will you find such a gap between the standard supermarket variety and its fresh-from-the-farm, picked-when-actually-ripe counterpart. Combine them with bacon and mayonnaise on a toasted English muffin for the finest summer breakfast you could ask for.
Author: Lets Start Cooking
Recipe type: Sandwich
- 3 slice bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 1 English muffin, split and toasted
- 1 tbs homemade or store-bought mayonnaise
- 2 thick slices very ripe tomatoes
- kosher salt
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-low heat, turning occasionally, until completely crisp, about 5 minutes total. Drain on a paper towel–lined plate.
- Spread both English muffin halves with mayonnaise. Lay tomato slices on the bottom half, season with salt, and top with bacon. Close sandwich and serve.
Spread the love