THANKSGIVING PECAN PIE BARS
BY: CHRISTY DENNEY FROM THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
Pecan pie is a classic Thanksgiving dessert. This year, make it a little easier on yourself and turn this pie into bars. Thanksgiving Pecan Pie Bars have a crust that will melt in your mouth and have just the right amount of sweetness for a Thanksgiving dessert.
? 2 cups all-purpose flour
? 1/3 cup white sugar
? ¼ teaspoon salt
? 2/3 cup unsalted butter, cold (10 2/3 tablespoons)
? 3 eggs
? 1 cup light corn syrup
? ½ cup white sugar
? ½ cup brown sugar
? 2 tablespoons butter, melted
? 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
? 1 2/3 cups pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a 9X13 baking dish with heavy foil and spray with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, and salt. Cut in 2/3 cup butter until
mixture resembles coarse crumbs. You can use a pastry blender or just two knives.
4. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the prepared pan, and press in firmly.
5. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
6. While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. In a large bowl mix together the eggs, corn
syrup, ½ cup white sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons margarine and vanilla until
smooth. Stir in the chopped pecans. Spread the filling evenly over the crust as soon as it
comes out of the oven.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until set.
8. Allow cooling completely on a wire rack before slicing into bars with a sharp knife.
1. You want these cooked all the way through, so make sure the middle is set. If the top starts
getting to browned cover with aluminum foil.