Sweet Potato Salad
Recipe Type: Salad
from the kitchen of Marcia Finlayson This yummy side dish quickly becomes a favorite of all who try it. This new and colorful twist on potato salad is as tasty as it is pretty to look at.
- 2 lb sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 5 hard cooked eggs chopped
- 1 1/2 c finely chopped celery
- 12 green onions thinly sliced
- Cut potatoes into quarters, place in a large saucepan, and cover with water. Cover and boil gently until the potatoes can easily be pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Drain. When potatoes are cool, peel and dice.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, and salt. Stir in eggs, celery, and onions. Add potatoes; stir gently to mix. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
Spread the love