Strawberry Pineapple Salsa
By David Sandum A good, fresh salsa can go for miles. This fruity favorite can be paired with chips as the star of the appetizer table or make your main course when it's served up with some grilled salmon. Or add it to the dessert menu by serving it with cinnamon sugar pita chips and call it a night!
Author: David Sandum
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 c fresh pineapple chunk
- ¾ c fresh mango diced
- 1½ c fresh strawberries hulled and diced
- ¼ c finely chopped red onion
- 1 scant tsp ginger
- 2½ tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp finely chopped cilantro
- Fold all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Remove 1 cup and blend. Return blended mixture to ingredients in the large bowl and mix together until all ingredients are coated well.
- TIP: This delicious salsa can be substituted for calorie- and fat-loaded salad dressings. Just disperse ½ cup or more over your bed of greens and enjoy!
Spread the love