Steak Sandwich Supreme Recipe
from the kitchen of: Christy Dunbar Sandwiches have evolved to include wraps, pitas, submarines, hoagies, panini, and sliders. No matter the format, one thing is for sure: sandwiches are here to stay. And this quick and easy Steak Sandwich Supreme may be the granddaddy of them all.
Author: Christy Dunbar
Recipe type: Sandwich
- 4 kaiser rolls split in half
- butter to spread on rolls
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1½ lb beef sirloin steaks thinly sliced
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium sweet onion sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into strips
- 4 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 slice Swiss cheese
- 1 large tomato cut into 8 thin slices
- GARLIC PARMESAN SPREAD
- ½ c mayonnaise
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbs finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Butter rolls and toast in oven until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steak for 2 minutes, then sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce. Add onions and peppers and cook for another 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Cover toasted buns with garlic parmesan spread. Leftover spread may be covered and refrigerated for later use. Place the steak and vegetable mixture on the toasted buns and top each sandwich with Swiss cheese and tomato.
- Mix ingredients together thoroughly.