Smoked Cheddar Waldorf Salad
Smoked Cheddar is the unique element that takes this famous salad over the top. The smoky cheese pairs nicely with the tart apples and the grapes round out the color spectrum, making this salad look as beautiful as it tastes.
Author: Dave M
Recipe type: Salad
- ½ c mayonnaise
- ¼ c sour cream
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 c cubed smoked Cheddar cheese
- 4 Granny Smith apples cored, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1½ c very thinly sliced celery
- 1½ c halved red seedless grapes
- 1 c lightly chopped walnuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add cheese cubes, apples, celery, grapes, and walnuts. Toss well with dressing. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- SERVING SUGGESTION
- Arrange washed romaine lettuce leaves on a platter or in a large salad bowl and spoon the salad over the leaves.
Spread the love