SKINNY VEGGIE LASAGNA Recipe
BY: LINDSAY OSTRUM FROM PINCH OF YUM
Skinny Veggie Lasagna is a vegetarian pasta casserole that's easy to make and super satisfying.
3 cups veggies of your choice, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
2 cups fresh spinach
2 cups tomato sauce
12 uncooked oven-ready whole grain lasagna noodles
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Chop veggies. Sauté onion and garlic in the oil over medium high heat. Add veggies and sauté until tender. Set aside.
3. Whisk egg into ricotta cheese and stir in fresh spinach.
4. Pour a little sauce in the bottom of a greased 9 × 13 inch pan. Top with 4 lasagna noodles, 1/2 cup ricotta mixture, 1/2 of the veggies, and 3/4 cup sauce. Repeat; top entire pan with noodles, remaining sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
5. Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes more or until cheese is bubbly.