Simply Sweet Potato Pie
Recipe Type: Dessert
from the kitchen of: Lisa Rosatto Green; coupongirlsla.com Move over pumpkin – there’s a new kid on the block. Sweet potato pie looks like the typical pumpkin pie, but the taste is so much better. Everyone that tried this pie from blogger Lisa asked for seconds.
- 2 c mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs yolks and white separated
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp allspice or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c evaporated milk
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 unbaked* pie shells
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix sweet potatoes, egg yolks, brown sugar, allspice, butter, and vanilla extract together until well blended. Add evaporated milk. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites and the ¼ cup sugar until fluffy peaks form. Fold whites into sweet potato mixture.
- Fill two pie shells with sweet potato mixture. Bake 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle of the pie comes out clean.
- Note: It may be necessary to cover the crusts with foil rings to prevent crust from over-baking as filling continues to cook.
Spread the love