- 1 very large onion - sliced thin
- 2 large russet potatoes - sliced thin
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 10 oz. can tomato bisque soup
- 10 oz. water
- ½ cup long grain rice - uncooked
- 14 oz. can pork 'n beans in tomato sauce
- kosher salt
- garlic powder
- chili powder - about 2 tsp.
- dried oregano - about 1 tsp.
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large slicing tomatoes - 8 slices
- fresh chopped parsley - garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the sliced onions evenly in the bottom of a 13 x 9" baking pan
- and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Then top the onions with the sliced potatoes, also seasoning lightly with salt and pepper.
- Scatter the raw ground beef evenly over the potatoes and lightly season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, 1 tsp chili powder and ½ tsp oregano.
- Next sprinkle the uncooked rice evenly over the seasoned ground beef.
- Then add the pork n' beans over the rice.
- Mix together the tomato soup and water. Pour this over the entire casserole.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake on center rack for 2 hours.
- Then remove from oven and top with shredded cheddar cheese, tomato slices and parsley.
- Set aside for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 8
- This post belongs to My Recipe Journey food blog.
Spread the love