BY: CAREY FROM RECLAIMING PROVINCIAL
Turn good recipes for Thanksgiving into good leftover turkey casseroles. This Scalloped Turkey recipe uses turkey, stuffing, and breadcrumbs to create a wonderful pot pie. It's easy because you already have the ingredients on hand from Thanksgiving.
COOKING TIME: 45 MIN
Breadcrumbs (Author used panko)
Butter, cut into small pieces for dotting the filling
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon butter, melted
Breadcrumbs (enough to form a paste—author used about 5 fistfuls)
1. Cook Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Butter a pan, then cover the bottom with breadcrumbs and moisten with a little milk.
3. Add a layer of turkey, some stuffing, and dot with butter.
4. Repeat until you’ve filled the pan, then top with gravy.
5. Combine the melted butter, eggs, and milk.
6. Add breadcrumbs and mix until paste forms.
7. Spread over top of the filling and dot with butter.
8. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the top begins to brown.
9. Let cool for about 10 minutes, then serve.
1. The author did not include measurements for the filling, as that really depends on the leftovers
you have and how much you’d like to make.