Recipe Type: Appetizer
This reinterpretation of meatballs combines breakfast sausage, cheddar cheese, and onion for a very flavorful holiday appetizer, enough for a crowd of hungry folks.
- 1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 c grated cheddar (1/2 pound)
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 1/2 large yellow onion, grated on large holes of a box grater
- 3 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and baking powder. Add cheddar and toss to coat. Add sausage, onion, and butter. With your hands, mix until well combined and roll mixture into 1-inch balls. Place balls, 1/2 inch apart, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until balls are golden and cooked through, 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Spread the love