Quinoa Spinach Salad Recipe
from the kitchen of Roberta Palmer This delicious vegan, a packed-with-protein recipe is loaded with fresh green peas, toasted pecans, and succulent, juicy pear.
Author: Roberta Palmer
Recipe type: Salad Recipes
- 1 c cooked quinoa
- 2 hefty handful of baby spinach leaves washed and drained
- 1 large ripe pear washed, stemmed and cored, cut in pieces
- ½ c fresh baby green peas
- 2 tbs fresh chopped parsley
- ¾ c pecans or walnuts pan toasted and salted to taste
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp golden balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa until tender, approximately 15 minutes. Let cool and set aside. In a large bowl, put spinach, pear, peas, parsley, and nuts. In a blender, mix olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Add quinoa to salad ingredients; toss lightly. Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly one more time.
Spread the love