Peppered Corn Fritters
from the kitchen of: Henry Markham Cumin complements the corn and peppers in these pretty fritters. They’re a nice alternative to rice or potatoes and sit well alongside a variety of meat entrées.
Author: Henry Markham
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1¼ c fresh or frozen corn thawed
- ½ c finely chopped sweet red pepper
- ½ c finely chopped green onion
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1¼ c all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1¼ c milk extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- In a medium bowl, combine corn, pepper, onions, and parsley. Combine flour, baking powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir into corn mixture. Gradually add milk, stirring until blended. In a skillet over medium heat, heat ¼ cup oil. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil as needed.
Spread the love