Peach and Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
From the kitchen of: Brian and Beth Mellott; simplybudgeted.com A pie-crusted cobbler is an unusual dessert, and this one is superb. The combining of peaches and blackberries creates not just a tasty dish but a pretty one as well.
- 2 prepared* pie shells
- 1 c sugar
- 6 tbs all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 7 to 8 small ripe peaches thinly sliced (or a 1 pound bag frozen)
- 2 pint fresh blackberries (or 1 pound bag frozen)
- 1 egg beaten with 1/2 teaspoon water
- sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Roll out one crust large enough to line a 2-quart casserole. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, peaches, and blackberries. Toss gently, coating fruit well. Pour into crust.
- Roll out second crust into a large rectangle and cut into strips. Arrange strips in a lattice de-sign across the top of fruit. Pinch edges of crust together. Brush crust with egg mixture and sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375°F and bake for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Cool for 1 hour before serving with vanilla ice cream.
Spread the love