NOODLESS LASAGNA PIE
BY: KRISTA FROM THE NOT SO DESPERATE CHEF WIFE
If you have a taste for lasagna but don't have the time it takes to make it, you should try Noodleless Lasagna Pie instead. This easy no noodles lasagna recipe uses crescent rolls as a crust. Then, all you do is layer lasagna ingredients on top and bake the pie. Don't plan on having leftovers though because this dish is so delicious that it will be gobbled up in the blink of an eye.
1 (12-ounce) tube of large crescent roll dough
1 pound ground beef (or sausage or even turkey)
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/3 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup marinara sauce
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 9.5 inch pie plate with non-stick spray and line the dish with the crescent roll triangles (You are forming the crust for your pie). Then bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes.
3. Season the ground beef with salt and pepper. Cook the beef over medium heat until browned / cooked through. Drain as much grease out of the pot as possible.
4. Remove the pie crust from oven and add the cooked beef on top of the crust. Form an even layer with the meat. Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella over top of the meat. Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes. You just want to melt the cheese layer.
5. Remove the pie from the oven and add a layer of ricotta cheese (depending on how much you care for ricotta, adjust the amount). Pour the sauce over top of the ricotta, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Next, add the rest of the mozzarella over the top of your pie and sprinkle with another teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
6. Bake the pie for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before slicing.