NO-FUSS BEEF MANICOTTI
BY: JAMIE SCHROEDER FROM OUR EATING HABITS
Sometimes, making an Italian recipe can be daunting. Thankfully, that's not the case with No Fuss Beef Manicotti. Using jars of red sauce and alfredo sauce offer shortcuts so you can get your meal on the table in a flash. Your guests will assume you spent all day in the kitchen preparing this meal, but really it will only take you about an hour (including cooking time).
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 jarred pasta sauce
1 jar Alfredo pasta sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 box manicotti noodles (14 noodles)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
3. While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef in frying pan with garlic and basil. Move to a bowl and let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup of the red pasta sauce, Parmesan cheese, and egg. Yes, raw egg, it helps bind the meat together.
4. Spread 1/2 of remaining red pasta sauce in a 9×13 inch pan.
5. Fill cooked manicotti noodles with meat mixture and place in prepared pan. When all the meat and noodles are used up top with a jar of Alfredo sauce. Top with remaining red sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with oregano.
6. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove tinfoil and bake for an additional 20 minutes.