MUSHROOM SPAGHETTI CASSEROLE Recipe
BY: SHAY SHULL FROM MIX AND MATCH MAMA
If you like spaghetti and meatballs (who doesn't), then you'll love this recipe. Mushroom Spaghetti Casserole incorporates pasta, ground meat (your choice of beef, turkey, or chicken), spaghetti sauce, and cream of mushroom soup into an easy-peasy dinner. Serve with a side salad, and you'll have a wonderful fall meal.
1 pound pasta
1 pound ground beef, chicken or turkey
1 onion, chopped
3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flake (optional) 1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a large pot, bring water to boil for your pasta. Drop your pasta and cook until al dente (about 6 minutes).
3. In an oven-safe skillet, heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat, add in your ground beef and brown. Once the beef is brown and crumbly, add in your onion and garlic and cook for about 4 minutes. Stir in your red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper for about a minute. Pour your spaghetti sauce into your ground beef mixture, reduce heat to low and simmer another minute.
4. Drain your pasta and incorporate it into your ground beef mixture. At this point, if your skillet isn't oven-safe, transfer your mixture into a 9 x 9 inch baking dish. Pour your cream of mushroom soup over the top (don't stir it in, just pour it on top) and top the soup with Cheddar cheese.
5. Bake uncovered about 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly and brown.