Mom’s Carrot Mold Recipe
By: RecipeLion Original Recipe
The recipe for Mom's Carrot Mold is an old-fashioned recipe that has been in the family for years. This
traditional carrot mold makes a delicious and easy side dish for the holidays. It looks like a cake with the texture of a bread. It is savory, with a touch of sweetness from the brown sugar. It tastes great alongside a Thanksgiving turkey.
1 1/2 cup Crisco
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons lemon juice
6 tablespoons cold water
4 1/2 cups grated carrots (grate using
Cuisinart - do not buy already shredded
3 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a large ring-mold.
2. Cream Crisco and sugar until smooth.
3. Add eggs, lemon juice, and water, and beat until blended.
4. Add carrots, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined. Batter will be stiff.
5. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake in oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted near center
comes out clean.