Molly’s Green Bean Casserole Recipe
By: RecipeLion Original Recipe
Always a favorite Thanksgiving recipe, green bean casserole is a must at your holiday table. Fresh green beans are the best, but if you are unable to get them, make it with canned. Unlike other green bean casseroles, this one has bacon bits in it. A little extra protein doesn't hurt, right? Bake the casserole until the top begins to brown. If it takes too long to brown, you can always put it under the broiler for a little bit.
6 cups blanched frenched green beans
1 pint sour cream
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
4 strips bacon, fried crisp and broken into pieces
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
pepper, to taste
2 cups Parmesan, grated
4 ounces sliced mushrooms, browned in a bit of butter
3 green onions, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, 1½ cups of the Parmesan cheese, pepper flakes, and pepper.
3. Stir in bacon, mushrooms, and green onions.
4. Add green beans and mix thor=oughly.
5. Pour green beans in a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish which has been buttered.
6. Top with the rest of the Parmesan.
7. Bake until top begins to brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
8. If the green beans are bubbling, but the cheese isn't browning, turn it on broil for just a second. Let set for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.