BY: KATHERINE AUCOIN FROM SMOKY MOUNTAIN CAFE
Making meatballs requires a lot of work, so you usually make a lot and wind up with leftovers. Instead of eating spaghetti and meatballs again the next night, try making this Meatball Casserole. This is a great recipe with meatballs that adds variety and flavor to your dinner routine.
2 cans crescent roll dough
1 block (8 ounces) light cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon Johnny's Garlic Spread Seasoning
1 1/2 to 2 pounds leftover meatballs (depending on size, cut in half or quartered)
3 cups spaghetti sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Unroll the crescent roll dough and press into baking dish, covering bottom of dish and pressing it half way up the sides of the dish.
3. Place the cream cheese in a small bowl and mash it with a fork. Add in the Johnny's and thoroughly blend it in the cream cheese. Spread the cream cheese in a thin layer over the crescent roll dough. I found it easier to spread it out with my fingers than using a spatula.
4. Combine the meatballs and spaghetti sauce in a large bowl and then carefully pour or spoon it over the cream cheese and dough.
5. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top and pop that baby in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly.