Light King Ranch Chicken Casserole
Light King Ranch Chicken Casserole is a healthier version of your favorite creamy and cheesy Tex-Mex chicken casserole recipe. You won't even need to ring the dinner bell for this one...they'll already be lining up for their serving!
Author: Lets Start Cooking
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 (10-ounce) cans reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. 2.Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and saute onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until tender. 3.Stir in chicken, soup, diced tomatoes, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper, remove from heat. 4.Layer one-third tortilla pieces in bottom of prepared dish. Top with one-third chicken mixture and one-third cheese. Repeat layers twice. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.
Spread the love