Layered Ice Cream Cake Recipe
from the kitchen of: Tammy Hogan This cake is as pretty as it is delicious. This easy and beautiful dessert would be a great alternative to a traditional birthday cake and is a perfect after-dinner summertime surprise!
Author: Tammy Hogan
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 (13-oz) pkg Mothers Macaroon Cookies
- 2 (1/2-gal) carton ice cream different flavors that work well together, slightly softened
- 1 (16-oz) jar hot fudge ice cream topping
- 4 to 5 1.5-oz bar SKOR candy bars
- Oil bottom of a springform pan. In a food processor, grind the macaroon cookies to a fine texture. Sprinkle ½ of the cookie crumbs in bottom of pan. Cover with first ½ gallon of ice cream. Quickly spread a layer of fudge topping over the ice cream.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs over the fudge topping. Add second ½ gallon of ice cream. Quickly spread remaining fudge sauce over this. Crumble SKOR® Bars and sprinkle them over top. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until ready to use, at least 3 or 4 hours.
- TIP: For use as a Christmas dessert, sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on the cake in place of the candy bars.
Spread the love