Homemade Holiday Dressing Recipe
By: Nicole Johnson for RecipeLion.com
Whether you like to cook your stuffing inside of the bird or bake it on its own, this recipe is for you. With this delicious, homemade stuffing on your table, your Thanksgiving dinner menu will be complete.
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon parsley
1/8 teaspoon thyme
1.5 cup chicken broth
12 ounces bread, cubed
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 cup salted butter
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon sage
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Place the bread onto a large baking sheet, and toast for 10 to 15 minutes. Check halfway through and stir to ensure even toasting.
3. While the bread is toasting, melt butter in a large non-stick skillet and sauté celery and onion. Add seasonings and herbs, stir to mix and then set aside.
4. Remove toasted bread from oven and place into a large bowl. Stir in butter, onion, celery, herb mixture, and toss to evenly coat the bread.
5. Gently stir in broth, and place into a greased oven-safe baking dish. For stuffing, gently stuff into cleaned turkey cavity.
6. Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes for dressing. For in-the-bird stuffing, make sure the internal temperature of the stuffing reaches a minimum of 165 degrees F.