Heavenly Sweet Potato Pineapple Casserole Recipe
By: RecipeLion Original Recipe
Heavenly Sweet Potato Pineapple Casserole is a fun twist to a classic sweet potato casserole recipe. It's extra sweet because it's made with pineapples. The sweet potatoes, pineapples, and marshmallows go so well together. If you like some sweetness in your Thanksgiving dinner, then you'll love this recipe. You can prepare it the night before, which makes things less hectic on Thanksgiving morning. Your future self will thank you for working ahead, and your post-Thanksgiving dinner self will thank you for making such a delicious side dish.
1 can (17-ounce) sweet potatoes
4 tablespoons brown sugar
2 egg whites, beaten
4 tablespoons margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cup pineapple, drained
1. Combine sweet potatoes, brown sugar, egg whites, margarine, salt, cinnamon, and pineapple in a mixing bowl; beat well.
2. Butter baking dish; place half of mixture in dish and dot with marshmallows.
3. Add remaining sweet potato mixture to casserole dish.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight if desired.
5. When ready to serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 40 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, dot with marshmallows and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.