By Lets Start Cooking
This is a very good chili made with pineapple for sweetness. Since this is a large recipe, you might want to go half-batch if this is just for a small family
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 6 onions, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
Heat a large Dutch oven until hot over high heat. Add the ground beef, and cook until barely pink, stirring constantly to break into small pieces. Stir in onions and bell pepper, cook until the meat has browned, and the onions have softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Pour meat into a large mesh strainer and press to expel excess fat.
Place meat back into Dutch oven along with stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and pineapple chunks; season with chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium- low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, or until chili reaches desired consistency.