By Lets Start Cooking
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3 eggs, beaten 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
In a large skillet, saute the hash browns, salt and pepper in 2 tablespoons butter until golden brown. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. In the same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in remaining butter. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with flour. Stir in the ham, eggs and milk. Pour into hash brown crust.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.