HAM, CHEESE, AND VEGETABLE PIE
BY: CAROLE FROM THE SWEET CHICK
This Ham, Cheese, and Vegetable Pie may look fancy, but it's simple to make. It's a really easy ham pot pie recipe you have to try. Using a store-bought pie crust saves a lot of time, and the veggies don't take long to prepare. The vegetables are topped with an egg, oregano, and cheese mixture, which adds even more flavor.
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped red pepper
1 cup chopped tomato
1/2 pound deli ham, sliced thin
1 can peas and carrots
1 cup shredded cheese
(mozzarella, Swiss, or Italian blend)
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1 box ready to bake pie crusts
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place one pie crust at bottom of pie dish.
3. Spread the onions, peppers, and tomatoes evenly on the pie crust.
4. Slice deli ham into short strips and spread evenly over the veggies. Then cover with peas and carrots.
5. Next, add a layer of shredded cheese.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, oregano, and Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Pour the egg mixture over the entire contents of the pie.
8. Cut slits or a small hole in the second pie crust and place on top of the pie. Crimp the edges by hand to form a seal.
9. Mix together the milk and the sugar. With a pastry brush, brush the top pie crust with a thin coat of the mixture.
10. Place pie in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the crust is a golden color.