Ground Beef Doritos Casserole
This Ground Beef Doritos Casserole was inspired by our reader-favorite recipe for Cheesy Ground Beef Doritos Casserole.
Author: Dave M
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 lb • ground beef
- ½ c • diced onion
- 2 tbs • taco seasonings
- 1 oz • (10-) can cheese soup
- 1 oz • (10-) can tomato with green chiles
- 1 oz • (10-1/2-) bag doritos chips, nacho cheese flavor
- 3 c • mexican blend shredded cheese • sour cream and salsa for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with vegetable spray.
- In a large, deep, non-stick skillet, brown the meat with the onion and taco seasoning until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes, breaking up the meat with the back of a spoon. Add the soup and tomatoes to the pan and stir until blended.
- Use your hands to crush the chips slightly. Place about ⅓ of the crushed chips into the bottom of the pan, then spoon of the meat mixture over the chips. Top with 1 cup of the cheese, spreading evenly in the dish.
- Layer another ⅓ of the chips, the rest of the meat, and another cup of the cheese.
- Top with a final layer of the chips and top with the final cup of cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve with sour cream and salsa on the side for topping each serving.
Spread the love