Fresh Bruschetta Recipe
Recipe Type: Appetizer
from the kitchen of: Trent Fowler Appetizers make such a great snack and are a good addition to a meal, especially when they’re easy and quick to fix. While dried basil can be substituted, fresh is always best.
- 6 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 c sun dried tomato packed in oil
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 1/3 c extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c fresh basil stems removed (packed)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette
- 2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to the broiler setting. In a large bowl, combine the Roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut the baguette into 3/4-inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a sin-gle layer. Sprinkle baguette slices with mozzarella and then top with tomato mixture. Broil for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Watch closely to avoid burning.
Spread the love