Even Better KFC Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
By: RecipeLion Original Recipe
If you've ever wondered what makes the biscuits at Kentucky Fried Chicken so delightful, here's your
answer. This copycat recipe for Even Better KFC Buttermilk Biscuits uses nearly a cup of buttermilk and six tablespoons of butter to achieve that light and fluffy texture, not to mention that rich, buttery taste. They may not be the healthiest biscuits around, but these Southern-style biscuits sure are delicious.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Sift the dry ingredients in a large bowl and cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or with two
knives until a coarse meal texture is obtained.
3. Add buttermilk and knead lightly but thoroughly. The dough should be soft but not sticky. If it is,
add a little more flour.
4. Knead for 1 minute, wrap in foil or wax paper and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thick on a lightly floured surface and cut with a biscuit cutter. If
you don't have one, a drinking glass of the desired diameter will work.
6. Transfer biscuits to a dark baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.