Emerald-Green Velvet Soup Recipe
This simple recipe transforms leafy greens into a silky-textured, vibrant puree. The soup's rich color makes this dish a natural choice for a spring brunch -- or a lush first course for an intimate dinner. Total Time: 35 mins
Recipe type: Soups & Stew Recipes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed through a garlic press or minced
- 1 large Yukon gold potato (about 8 ounces), peeled and diced
- 4 cups canned reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 to 6 cups (from 1 large bunch) flat-leaf parsley
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- optional garnishes (choose one): croutons, edible flowers, extra-virgin olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, or minced fresh herbs like chives
- In a large heavy pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic; cover and cook, stirring occasionally until onion has softened, about 3 minutes. Add potato and broth, and raise heat to high; bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer until potato is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the parsley and cook, uncovered, until parsley is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree mixture in blender until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Ladle into individual soup bowls and garnish, if desired, with one of the optional garnishes. Serve immediately.
Spread the love