Double Layer Pumpkin Pie Recipe
By: RecipeLion Original Recipe
Pumpkin pie recipes are delicious on their own, but when you add extra layers of flavor to your traditional Thanksgiving pie recipe, it becomes that much more delicious. This recipe for Double Layer Pumpkin Pie is one of our favorite desserts. It has cream cheese, Cool Whip, vanilla pudding, pumpkin, and cinnamon. How could you not enjoy a slice of this yummy pie? Indulge in an extra delicious dessert this Thanksgiving by making this double-layered confection. You can thank us later!
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon milk or half-and-half
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 cup thawed Cool Whip whipped topping
1 ready-made graham cracker crust
1 cup cold milk or half-and-half
2 packages (4-serving size) vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling
1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Mix cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth.
2. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread on bottom of crust.
3. Pour 1 cup milk into bowl. Add pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk until well blended, 1 to 2 minutes (mixture will be thick).
4. Stir in pumpkin and spices using wire whisk; mix well.
5. Pour into pie crust over cream cheese layer.
6. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
7. Garnish with additional whipped topping and nuts if desired.