Deviled Egg Potato Salad Recipe
By Stephanie Wolfley, The twist on two traditional favorites makes one amazing side dish!
Author: Stephanie Wolfley
Recipe type: Salad Recipe
- 12 eggs hard boiled
- 2 tbs mustard
- ¾ c mayonnaise
- ¾ c milk or half and half
- 1 tbs vinegar
- 1½ tsp dried dill
- 1½ tsp pepper
- 1 c finely chopped red onion
- 1 c finely chopped celery
- ¾ c chopped cooked bacon
- 4 lb potatoes cooked, peeled, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Peel eggs and place yolks in a medium bowl. Mix egg yolks together with mustard, mayonnaise, milk, and vinegar. Beat until creamy and fairly thin. Stir in dill, pepper, onion, celery, and bacon. Dice egg whites and add to cubed potatoes. Pour egg yolk mixture over egg whites and potatoes, and stir well until eggs and potatoes are coated. Chill several hours.
- How to make perfect hard boiled eggs:
- Place fresh eggs in a pot and fill with cold water 1 inch above the top of the eggs. Bring to a boil over medium heat and then remove from heat, cover with lid, and let sit for 12 minutes. Immediately run under cold water to stop cooking.