Crustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe
By: RecipeLion Original Recipe
Pumpkin pie is a seasonal favorite that is loved by almost everyone. Crustless Pumpkin Pie tastes just like the kind Ma used to make, but with no crust. Since the filling is now the star of the show, you can enjoy the sweet center more than you ever could before. If you’re dieting during the holidays, this is a good way to keep off some extra calories. No “crust calories” for you! With cinnamon, allspice, and ginger, this pumpkin pie’s warm, sweet flavor is perfect for your Thanksgiving dessert table.
1 pound can solid pack pumpkin
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
2 egg whites
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup graham-cracker crumbs or 1/2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
1 cup whipped cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In large bowl combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs and egg whites; beat until blended and smooth.
3. Mix in sugar, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and salt, blending well. Stir in crumbs.
4. Spray high-sided 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Pour pie filling into pie plate.
6. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
7. Cool pie on wire rack and refrigerate overnight. Cut in wedges and serve with small dollop of whipped cream.