Croissant Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
Recipe Type: Sandwich Recipes
from the kitchen of Jamie Macintosh, This sandwich packs well, so it is perfect for a brown bag lunch. It’s also terrific as a light dinner. This recipe is easily halved or doubled.
- 18 oz boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 8 fresh basil leaves minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c seedless grapes halved
- 3/4 to 1 c roughly chopped cashew nuts or sliced almonds
- 2 rib celery diced
- 6 to 7 green onions diced
- 1/2 c peeled and diced jicama
- 6 to 8 plain croissants split in half
- lettuce leaves
- 6 to 8 slice Havarti cheese
- To quickly cook chicken, bring 1½ cups water to a boil. In a large skillet, add chicken, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Drain, chop into bite-sized pieces and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, basil, and salt and pepper together until well combined. Fold in grapes, nuts, celery, onions, jicama, and cooked chicken.
- Fill croissants with salad, lettuce, and cheese slices. Serve immediately.
Spread the love