Creamy Chicken & Green Chili Enchiladas Recipe
Recipe Type: Main Dish
- •2 cups shredded cooked chicken (basically 2 chicken breast halves of a rotisserie chicken)
- •4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- •10 small soft corn tortillas
- •3 tablespoons butter
- •3 tablespoons rice flour
- •2 cups chicken broth
- •1 cup sour cream
- •2 – 4oz cans of diced green chillies
- •fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
- Warm up your corn tortillas before you use them, or they will crumble when you try to roll them. To do this, wrap the
- stack of tortillas up in tin foil, and place them the 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- While the tortillas are warming up, in a bowl combine the shredded chicken and 1½ cups of shredded cheese.
- Once the tortillas are warmed up, divide the chicken/cheese mixture between the 10 tortillas. Roll up each tortilla and
- place them folded side down in the greased baking dish. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Then add the chicken broth and whisk, until the mixture is thick and bubbling.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, then stir in the chilis. Let the mixture cool for about 5 minutes, then stir in the sour
- cream. If you stir in the sour cream when the mixture is too hot, it will curdle.
- Once the sour cream has been stirred in, pour the sauce over the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle on the remaining 3 cups of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- After the 25 minute baking time, turn your oven on to broil and broil for about 3-4 minutes, to get the cheese
- browned and bubbling.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, and a green salad!
Spread the love