Cream of Chicken Soup Recipe
Creamed soups are yummy alone or as a staple in many recipes, so you’ll be excited to see this recipe for delicious, homemade cream of chicken soup that is also healthy.
- 1 1/2 c chicken stock divided
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 Tsp finely chopped onion
- 1 3/4 c milk divided
- 1 Tsp butter
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1/4 Tsp black pepper
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- Place 2 tablespoons of chicken stock in a medium saucepan. Over medium-low heat, cook and stir onion and garlic powders, garlic clove, and chopped onion into the stock. Cook until onion and garlic are soft, about 5 minutes. Pour in remaining stock and ¾ cup of the milk. Add butter and whisk in salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk together remaining 1 cup milk and flour until smooth, then whisk this milk and flour mixture into the hot stock mixture. Whisk continuously to avoid lumps – until soup comes almost to a boil and thickens. Use thick for casseroles. For soup, thin with equal parts milk and chicken stock.
Spread the love