CINNAMON YAM BAKE
BY: KEN FROM COOKEN-CASSEROLES
You'll need to make more room for dessert than usual if Cinnamon Yam Bake is on the menu. Soft yams are covered with a cinnamon and sugar coating for this yam casserole. Crushed crackers, brown sugar, and pecans top the casserole, adding a whole new depth to this dessert's flavor. This treat is perfect for holidays like Thanksgiving but you can also serve it on regular days too.
? 2 (15.75-ounce) cans yams, drained
? 1 egg
? ½ cup butter, melted (to be divided)
? ½ cup sugar
? ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
? 1/8 teaspoon salt
? 1 cup butter flavored crackers (like Ritz), crushed
? ½ cup chopped pecans
? ½ cup brown sugar, packed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl mash yams, using a potato masher or fork.
3. Break the egg into the yams and pour in ¼ cup of the melted butter.
4. Add sugar, cinnamon, and salt and mix well with a rubber spatula until all ingredients are
5. Coat a square casserole dish generously with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Spread the cinnamon yam bake mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
7. Place the crushed crackers, chopped pecans, and brown sugar into a small mixing bowl.
8. Drizzle in remaining ¼ cup melted butter and toss mixture making sure the crackers and
pecans are well coated.
9. Sprinkle topping mixture over yams and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or
until nice and golden brown.
1. Chopped pecans can take the place of the crackers in this Cinnamon Yam Bake recipe for a
little change of pace.