CHILE RELLENO BAKE RECIPE
BY: PATRICE FROM CIRCLE B KITCHEN
This Mexican casserole recipe is easy and delicious. To make Chile Relleno Bake, throw cheese, eggs, chilies, and salsa into a casserole dish and bake. The top will form a slightly browned and crispy crust. You can adjust the hotness level by the number of chilies you use and how spicy they are. This is great for a weeknight meal or a weekend dinner.
6 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated
6 ounces Jack cheese, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup flour
1 2/3 cup whole milk
3 large poblano chilies, roasted, peeled and coarsely chopped (or 3 4-oz cans diced mild green chilies)
1/2 cup tomatillo salsa
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Place 3/4 of the grated cheese in the bottom of your baking dish. Place the chopped chilies over the cheese.
4. Beat the eggs and slowly whisk in the flour, salt, and milk and pour over cheese and chilies.
5. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and then drizzle with the salsa. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the center is set. Cool and cut into wedges.