Chicken Salad Pita with Baba Ghanoush Recipe
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 3 Tsp dried mint, crumbled
- 3/4 Tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 clove garlic, finely minced
- kosher salt
- 4 tbs extra-virgin olive oils, plus more for drizzling
- 4 chicken scallopine (4 to 5 ounces each)
- 1 c grape or cherry tomato halved
- 1 unpeeled Kirby cucumber, chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 pocketless pitas
- 1/2 c baba ghanoush (eggplant spread, sold near hummus in the refrigerated section)
- 2 c chopped Romaine lettuce
- Whisk the vinegar, mint, red pepper flakes, 1 clove garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Gradually whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add the chicken and marinate about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the tomatoes, cucumber and the remaining 1 clove garlic in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the chicken until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into 1/2-inch-thick strips. Toss with the vegetables.
- Brush the pitas with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt. Grill, turning once until marked. Place a pita on each plate and spread with baba ghanoush. Top with lettuce and chicken salad and drizzle with any juices from the bowl.
- Per serving: Calories 342; Fat 15 g (Saturated 2 g); Cholesterol 74 mg; Sodium 587 mg; Carbohydrate 24 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 29 g
Spread the love