CHICKEN AND ROASTED GARLIC LASAGNA Recipe
BY: PAM NELSON FROM FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
This recipe for Chicken And Roasted Garlic Lasagna is one you must try! Made with savory garlic, bell peppers, onion and basil, it's both colorful and tasty. Just look at that cheese! It practically calls out your name.
Chicken Mixture Ingredients:
2 cups roasted chicken, shredded
2 bulbs roasted garlic
1/4 sweet yellow onion, diced finely
5 to 6 baby bell peppers, diced finely
6 to 7 fresh basil leaves, chopped Dried oregano, to taste
Sea salt, to taste
Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
1 (32-ounce) container ricotta cheese
5 to 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
Dried Oregano, to taste
Fresh nutmeg, grated, to taste
1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese,
divided 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Roasted Garlic and Basil Marinara Sauce
1. Place the shredded chicken, roasted garlic, diced onion, diced bell peppers, chopped basil leaves, oregano, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper to taste on a large cutting board. Chop all the ingredients together and mix thoroughly.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
3. Coat a large 9 × 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, add ricotta, egg, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, fresh chopped basil, nutmeg, oregano, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Combine until mixed thoroughly. Meanwhile, cook the lasagna noodles. Then drain.
4. Layer a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with just enough sauce to cover the bottom of the pan. Lay three lasagna noodles in the pan. Spread some of the ricotta mixture on the noodles, then spoon some of the chicken mixture on top and sprinkle with a bit of mozzarella; spoon some sauce over the cheese; repeat layering. Finish with a layer of noodles and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, remaining 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of basil or oregano.
5. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.