By Lets Start Cooking
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the broccoli, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Spread 2 cups broccoli mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Top with four noodles, overlapping if needed. Layer with 2 cups broccoli mixture, 1-1/2 cups of ham, 2/3 cup Swiss cheese, four noodles, 2 cups broccoli mixture, chicken, 2/3 cup Swiss cheese, four noodles and remaining broccoli mixture, Swiss cheese and ham.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.