CHEESY SPAGHETTI SQUASH VEGETABLE BAKE
BY: COLLEEN FROM THE SMART COOKIE COOK
It's tough to imagine a dish more rich and cheesy than Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Vegetable Bake.
This squash casserole recipe is great because it includes an array of other colorful vegetables
besides tender yellow spaghetti squash. You'll almost forget about all of the vegetables you're
eating due to the four different types of cheese that surround them. Each bite will be more
delicious than the last.
1 spaghetti squash
1 stick light mozzarella string cheese
1 ½ cups frozen mixed vegetables (Author used a cauliflower, broccoli, and carrot blend)
4 wedges of The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
¼ cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or 1 teaspoon minced)
Kosher salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Microwave whole squash for 3 to 4 minutes, until soft enough to cut.
3. Halve lengthwise; scoop out and discard seeds.
4. Fill a large baking pan with ½- inch water and place squash halves in the pan cut sides
5. Bake until tender, about 40 minutes. Keep oven on after removing squash.
6. Meanwhile, tear apart the string cheese into strings. Roughly chop and set aside.
7. Scrape out squash strands with a fork, and transfer to a strainer to drain excess moisture.
Pat dry, if needed. Transfer to a large bowl and cover to keep warm.
8. Microwave frozen veggies in a microwave-safe bowl for 2 minutes. Stir well. Microwave for
1 minute, or until hot. Drain any excess water, and transfer veggies to the bowl with the
9. In a small microwave-safe dish, microwave cheese wedges for 20 seconds, or until hot. Add
to the large bowl along with shredded string cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir until cheeses
have melted and are well mixed.
10. Transfer squash to a small casserole dish. Sprinkle with parmesan and bake for 5 to 1o
minutes or until bubbling.
1. You can use any kind of vegetables in this you prefer.
2. Broccoli slaw would be a delicious substitute for the spaghetti squash.
3. Baking the spaghetti squash is a bit of a pain, so feel free to get it done earlier in the day so
you’re all ready to go at dinnertime.