CHEESY ENCHILADA CUPCAKES RECIPE
BY: KRISTA MORGAN FROM THE NOT SO DESPERATE CHEF WIFE
Try these bite-sized Cheesy Enchilada Cupcakes for a delicious meal that you can eat with your fingers. Best of all, it's one of the easiest muffin tin recipes. Line a muffin tin with wanton wrappers and then layer the enchilada casserole ingredients into each hole. The wrapper will crisp slightly, contrasting with the gooey cheese. Top with your favorite enchilada toppings and dig in.
12 wanton wrappers
1 pound ground beef, browned and drained Salt and pepper, to taste
1 bag of shredded cheese
1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
1 cup plain yogurt (low-fat)
1 handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
Juice of half a lime
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Brown the ground beef with salt and pepper. Make sure to drain any extra grease before using.
3. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray. Press 1 wanton wrapper to the bottom of each muffin tin.
4. Begin layering ingredients: 1 teaspoon cheese, 1 tablespoon ground beef, 2 teaspoons enchilada sauce, 2 teaspoons cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground beef, and 1 1/2 teaspoons enchilada sauce. Top with shredded cheese (I used spoons for the beef and sauce, but just used my fingers for the cheese. So these are estimates on how much of each ingredient to use for each layer. The main goal is for the last layer to be enchilada sauce. Then top the sauce with cheese).
5. Bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the sides are brown. (mine took 26 minutes!)
6. Let sit for 5 minutes, and then run a knife around the edges. Use a knife or a fork to remove the cupcakes from the muffin tin.
7. Top with sour cream, salsa, cilantro, or any of your favorite toppings.