CHEESY DORITOS ENCHILADA CASSEROLE RECIPE
BY: KELLY BENNER FROM THE FABULOUS FOOD FAIRY
Forget about the Doritos Locos Tacos from Taco Bell; Cheesy Doritos Enchilada Casserole is the ultimate meal. This enchilada casserole recipe combines all of the flavors you love about enchiladas with cheesy Doritos. When in the oven, the tortillas crisp and become a delicious shell that surrounds ground beef and other enchilada ingredients. You may never be able to go back to a traditional enchilada casserole ever again.
1 1/2 to 2 pounds ground beef
2 packets taco seasoning
2 cans enchilada sauce
1 can Hunt’s Fire Roasted Garlic Diced Tomatoes 1 large zucchini, chopped
16 small tortilla shells
3 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 bag Original Doritos Nacho Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Brown ground beef and drain. Combine beef, 1 can of enchilada sauce, 2 packets of taco seasoning, tomatoes, and chopped zucchini in a large skillet and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Use half a can of enchilada sauce to coat the bottom and sides of a large pie plate or casserole dish like you would grease a pan.
4. Overlap the tortilla shells in the dish to create a crust. Press firmly to the bottom and sides of the pan. Spoon in meat mixture until the dish is 2/3 full. Top with shredded cheese. Sprinkle with crushed chips, and drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce.
5. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the edges are crisp and bubbly.